My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, October 30, 2010

An example of what Compassion can achieve.

Not too long ago there was a mine collapse in Chile which trapped 33 miners several thousand feet of hard rock.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/emergency-mine-rescue.html

Nearly all hope was lost to find these miners dead from this disaster until a emergency test bore was drilled and a note was attached from the trapped miners that they are all still alive. with this knowledge and hope, the race was on to try and drill bore large enough to rescue this group of miners. It was a technological feat that all involved was able to drill a 21 inch rescue bore and all 33 trapped miners were able to be rescued. These trapped miners survived extremely grueling conditions of heat, humidity, dark and un-certain conditions. All were very prone to infections, mal-nutrition and extreme mental stress from these conditions. Their hope was kept alive from knowing that the folks on the surface was doing all they can to get them out alive. Compassion for these trapped miners brought together and international rescue team and coordinated effort that ultimately succeed in this historic rescue.

An excellent example of what compassion can achieve.

In the context of gender different individuals, compassion is key to how individuals directly connected to the gender different individual affects their life. In many ways, a gender different individual is a test of the amount of compassion from all involved.

The world would be a better place if more individuals of the human family would practice simple acts of compassion.

Compassion is also one of the keys to happiness, " ‎"If You Want Others To Be Happy, Practice Compassion. If You Want To Be Happy, Practice Compassion." Dali Lama."

It's been just over two years since my mom's passing. I visit her grave often and think about the life she has given me and how mom has become part of who I am today. I miss her cooking, affection and aura to this day. I also have made peace with her departure from our world. cooking some of the food dishes mom would make brings me back to memories of an earlier time in my life when I would watch and learn how she cooked and the very traditional dished mom would make which I share with Jen often these days with Jen.

With the passing of this year, this gender journey has passed the decade mark. There are very few moments that I even think about my gender as if I have always been this way since birth. Gender is simply no longer much of an issue in my life these days which is one of the reasons why I have written so little in this blog.

I'm mostly quite happy these days and continuing on life's journey without the gender anchor allows me to focus and experience much of what life has to offer.

To nay Sayers that gender transition does no work, I'm living proof that these detractors is simply wrong, mis-guided and lack compassion for individuals who are born gender different. I do believe these individuals are driven by greed, need for fame within their profession, and a lack of compassion to truly help gender different individuals. Yet, every good gender specific health care provider that is honestly interested in making a positive difference in the lives of gender different individuals tend to have and express a great deal of compassion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home